Best Treatment for Skin Cancer on Face
Best Treatment for Skin Cancer on Face Skin cancer, the most common form of cancer in the US, affects an increasing number of people each year, raising public awareness and caring about how we seek better ways to prevent and treat the disease.
In the US, over 3 million people receive a non-melanoma skin cancer diagnosis every year, with the rate of malignant melanoma, one of the most severe forms of the disease, increasing significantly in recent years, with more than 87,000 people expected to A diagnosis in 2017. People who experience skin cancer can even develop several cases of it every year.
“In fact, skin cancer is so widespread that the number of respiratory disease increases in the number of breast, colon, lung, and prostate cancer diagnoses together,” says Dr. Adam Mamelak, board-certified dermatologist and Mohs surgeon at Sanova Dermatology in Austin, Texas.
While exposure to dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun is usually the culprit for the causation of skin cancer, especially malignant melanoma, the disease is also associated with chemicals and other exposures Been.
One of the most common areas in which skin cancer manifests is the face, including the lips, cheeks, forehead, scalp, eyelids and nose. These areas are also challenging to deal with.
Three common types of skin cancer are:
Basler cell carcinoma: “The most common form of skin cancer, these proliferations usually do not spread like malignant melanomas to other parts of the body, but they can prove to be quite serious, ” says Dr. Mamelak. They can resemble open wounds or pink bumps that just don’t seem to disappear. They occur in the basal cells of the epidermis, or in the upper layer of the skin.
Squamous cell carcinomas: The second most common form of skin cancer, squamous cell cells are a kind of epithelial cellular tissue found in the skin, as well as tissues that line up the cavities, organs and blood vessels of the body. While the symptoms vary, tumors can resemble a red ulcer and usually manifest themselves on areas of the skin that have received significant exposure to the sun, including lips.
Malignant melanoma: Often the most aggressive form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma can quickly spread to other organs and should be treated immediately.
“Each of these types of skin cancer can occur in the face and poses unique challenges for the treatment of the disease, ” says Dr. Mamelak.
Best Treatment for Skin Cancer on Face
Some of the best treatments for skin cancer on the nose and face are:
- Mohs surgery: “Often considered the most effective method to treat skin cancer on the face or nose, Mohs surgery allows doctors to perform small cuts only in the affected area to remove the cancer cells, rather than large portions of healthy skin To cut tissue, “explains Dr. Mamelak. Doctors can also test the rest of the skin during surgery to ensure that no cancer cells are left behind.
- Excision: This procedure requires that the doctor surgically cut out the cancer cells and prove to be challenging in order to appear on face areas where surgical edges are in cosmetic and functionally important anatomical areas Can extend.
Elektrodessication and Curettage (ED&C): Suitable for smaller instances of Basel cell carcinoma, this treatment is associated with the scraping of the surface of the cancer, then the base to kill the cancer cells.
- Radiation: used in patients with larger tumors or tumors on areas such as eyes, nose or ears, where surgery can be difficult. Doctors can also choose to use radiation treatment if the skin cancer has already spread to other areas of the body.
- Topical chemotherapy: Dermatologists are often assisted with topical chemotherapy creams in the treatment of precancerous areas. Patients apply the cream several times a day in the course of a few weeks, which can prevent the cells from turning into cancer when caught early enough.
- Freezing: Suitable for precancerous and selected cancer legions that do not penetrate deep into the skin. Surgeons freeze the cancer cells with liquid nitrogen and kill them.
Incoming search terms:
- treatment for skin cancer on the face
- treating skin cancer on face
- Treatment for Skin Cancer On Face
- treatments for skin cancer on face
- best way to deal with precancerous skin
- how is skin cancer treated on the face
- treatment for skin cancer on cheek